Pages: 1 2 [3]
Tags: 150 LANGAPP VIP ALOT APPRECIATE APPROX LANG LANGAUGE PAYPAL QUOT TRASLATOR USD WEBAPP
  Author: Topic: Langapp- Need feedback from everyone!
offline On
Last Visit: 04/18/13

Administrator
Dev
Joined: 06/19/03
Forum Posts: 5018
 Re: Langapp- Need feedback from everyone!
 Posted on: 06/03/07 at 19:53:00

equinox, hi

They can say "the same thing", but it is a matter of fact that the spinoff site was defaced not less than 3 times since they claimed to have the most safe script. It is also a matter of fact that our site has NEVER been defaced. Run search on google for webapp and security, you will find one trillion articles about problems with spinoff webapp versions.  The only thing you will find about the original webapp script, yes the one at the downloads here is a link to a post by me saying "we also have some issues that need to be fixed, but not as bad as being defaced".

Google should be a good enough judge. It does not take sides, it simply tells you what is out there...


While still being in google, run a search on "bantychick", learn well that person from before she joined our team an expelled from it, hmmm... some interesting things aye?

Here in WebAPP we do not release half done scripts like drugs. We release things when they are done with hope that our users do not need to be dependent on us fixing new bugs and new security issues for them. Simple and fair enough.



[user:On]
on@web-app.net

GC/CS/E/H/IT/L/M/MU/PA/P/S/SS/TW/O d(+++)>+ s: a+>++>+++$ C++++$ UBAHS*++++$ P+++++(--)$ L !E? W+>++ N+++@ K+++>++++++@ w$ !O M->+ V--() PS+(-) PE(++) Y+ PGP->+ t+() 5 X? R>* tv@ b++>+++ DI+++ D? G(-) e++>+++@ h----() r+++ y++++ (Words of wisdom from Larry Wall, 1993)
Logged
       
offline SafePit
Last Visit: 08/15/17

Administrator
Dev
Joined: 11/03/06
Forum Posts: 493
 Re: Langapp- Need feedback from everyone!
 Posted on: 06/03/07 at 20:34:13

Hi Equinox1216,

Could you post these in the Bugs forum?  I've verified these issues myself.

Thanks,

Steven (SafePit)


equinox1216 said:
1 Actually, I just ran into a series of problems while attempting to post that last one. I had clicked PREVIEW, decided to add one more thing so I clicked EDIT, was taken back to the compose screen and the contents of the message box had changed. It included some things I had actually deleted from the post, as a quoted reply. And the formatting was all wrong.  some QUOTE tags were missing, etc.

2 Also, the Custom Smilies link on the compose page doesnt seem to take you to a place with smilies. It opens a regulated window (size) which appears to be the home page.

3 One more: While in edit/compose screen if you highlight some text then try to apply, say BOLD or a COLOR to it, instead the tags are appended to the end of the message/post. I prefer to edit those things after I am finishd writing the words, So I had to add them manually here.





Got a WebAPP site?  Show it off!

Logged
     
offline On
Last Visit: 04/18/13

Administrator
Dev
Joined: 06/19/03
Forum Posts: 5018
 Re: Langapp- Need feedback from everyone!
 Posted on: 06/03/07 at 20:49:38

If he is talking about our released version, then he should certainly post it in the bugs forum, if it is about the runing version here, I can just save him time, there are dozens of issues that need to be fixed, specialy when it comes to forms, not realy "fixed", simply copied/pasted, as we alreayd fixed the forms. We just need to implement it in: forums, search, recommend and sendmail.



[user:On]
on@web-app.net

GC/CS/E/H/IT/L/M/MU/PA/P/S/SS/TW/O d(+++)>+ s: a+>++>+++$ C++++$ UBAHS*++++$ P+++++(--)$ L !E? W+>++ N+++@ K+++>++++++@ w$ !O M->+ V--() PS+(-) PE(++) Y+ PGP->+ t+() 5 X? R>* tv@ b++>+++ DI+++ D? G(-) e++>+++@ h----() r+++ y++++ (Words of wisdom from Larry Wall, 1993)
Logged
       
offline SafePit
Last Visit: 08/15/17

Administrator
Dev
Joined: 11/03/06
Forum Posts: 493
 Re: Langapp- Need feedback from everyone!
 Posted on: 06/03/07 at 20:55:53

Sorry about the confusion.  I believe he is talking about the Beta Version running here.  I'm not aware of these issues in the current Release Version.



Got a WebAPP site?  Show it off!

Logged
     
offline equinox1216
Last Visit: 08/15/09

Level 1
Joined: 05/26/07
Forum Posts: 19
 Re: Langapp- Need feedback from everyone!
 Posted on: 06/03/07 at 21:05:57



SafePit said:
Sorry about the confusion.  I believe he is talking about the Beta Version running here.  I'm not aware of these issues in the current Release Version.



Indeed I am talking about the version currently running here, as I encountered the bugs while posting that message in this forum :D



My generic signature...
Logged
     
offline equinox1216
Last Visit: 08/15/09

Level 1
Joined: 05/26/07
Forum Posts: 19
 Re: Langapp- Need feedback from everyone!
 Posted on: 06/03/07 at 21:11:53



On said:
equinox, hi

They can say "the same thing", but it is a matter of fact that the spinoff site was defaced not less than 3 times since they claimed to have the most safe script. It is also a matter of fact that our site has NEVER been defaced. Run search on google for webapp and security, you will find one trillion articles about problems with spinoff webapp versions.  The only thing you will find about the original webapp script, yes the one at the downloads here is a link to a post by me saying "we also have some issues that need to be fixed, but not as bad as being defaced".

Google should be a good enough judge. It does not take sides, it simply tells you what is out there...


While still being in google, run a search on "bantychick", learn well that person from before she joined our team an expelled from it, hmmm... some interesting things aye?



......actually, as I mentioned before, I have decided to take your word for it. So I won't bother with the searches unless I feel doubtful for some reason. My time is very valuable as I only have a day and a half per week to do much of anything for myself. But thanks for the info. I do appreciate it greatly.


Here in WebAPP we do not release half done scripts like drugs. We release things when they are done with hope that our users do not need to be dependent on us fixing new bugs and new security issues for them. Simple and fair enough.


....Yes I rather got that impression. So, I was wondering... if I downloaded the version you have in downloads now would I be able to replace my version with the site intact or would I have to completely re-install WebApp from scratch? Same question regarding the upcoming release.



My generic signature...
Logged
     
offline On
Last Visit: 04/18/13

Administrator
Dev
Joined: 06/19/03
Forum Posts: 5018
 Re: Langapp- Need feedback from everyone!
 Posted on: 06/03/07 at 21:21:13



equinox1216 said:
My time is very valuable as I only have a day and a half per week to do much of anything for myself.



Same here, plus 2-3 hours every night.


equinox1216 said:if I downloaded the version you have in downloads now would I be able to replace my version with the site intact


Basicly you need to upgrade, meaning you need to keep your db/ folder.
Next release, its more special, missing files and folders would be created automaticly when needed. And yes, you will only need to keep the db/ folder. We will not provide upgrade package this time because the porblems we mentioned before abput stolen codes.

Beta team, once we are done with the alpha package and ready to run a beta test, you would have my vote for joining the beta team (my vote is one out of 12).

Ok.. back to work (debugging the alpha version), 3 hours before bed time!



[user:On]
on@web-app.net

GC/CS/E/H/IT/L/M/MU/PA/P/S/SS/TW/O d(+++)>+ s: a+>++>+++$ C++++$ UBAHS*++++$ P+++++(--)$ L !E? W+>++ N+++@ K+++>++++++@ w$ !O M->+ V--() PS+(-) PE(++) Y+ PGP->+ t+() 5 X? R>* tv@ b++>+++ DI+++ D? G(-) e++>+++@ h----() r+++ y++++ (Words of wisdom from Larry Wall, 1993)
Logged
       
offline equinox1216
Last Visit: 08/15/09

Level 1
Joined: 05/26/07
Forum Posts: 19
 Re: Langapp- Need feedback from everyone!
 Posted on: 06/03/07 at 21:30:17



On said:

equinox1216 said:
My time is very valuable as I only have a day and a half per week to do much of anything for myself.

Same here, plus 2-3 hours every night.



Yeah I miss being able to come home every evening. Of course, I too spent most of it glued to he computers coding, etc. But thankfully, that era of my life has past :D


equinox1216 said:if I downloaded the version you have in downloads now would I be able to replace my version with the site intact ...



On said:

Basicly you need to upgrade, meaning you need to keep your db/ folder.
Next release, its more special, missing files and folders would be created automaticly when needed. And yes, you will only need to keep the db/ folder. We will not provide upgrade package this time because the porblems we mentioned before abput stolen codes.



Very cool. I'm anxious to check that out. See if maybe some of this extreme weirdness vanishes. So many things just dont make sense, and I've been in the programming world enough to know when something is really this strange.


Beta team, once we are done with the alpha package and ready to run a beta test, you would have my vote for joining the beta team (my vote is one out of 12).


Sounds good to me.


Ok.. back to work (debugging the alpha version), 3 hours before bed time!


Well have fun" and good luck with it.



My generic signature...
Logged
     
offline Jack Deth
Last Visit: 09/03/17

Administrator
Dev
Joined: 02/13/05
Forum Posts: 3723
 Re: Langapp- Need feedback from everyone!
 Posted on: 06/04/07 at 07:28:50


equinox1216 said:
1 Actually, I just ran into a series of problems while attempting to post that last one. I had clicked PREVIEW, decided to add one more thing so I clicked EDIT, was taken back to the compose screen and the contents of the message box had changed. It included some things I had actually deleted from the post, as a quoted reply. And the formatting was all wrong.  some QUOTE tags were missing, etc.


Heh...  there was always something funny in posting and going from preview to edit to post to whatever...
You just reminded me of this issue I had seen before, yet forgot about...

2 Also, the Custom Smilies link on the compose page doesnt seem to take you to a place with smilies. It opens a regulated window (size) which appears to be the home page.

Custom Smilies is a hack I added on here on the other site...  I dont believe this will be a part of the released script...  Obviously its just a missing actions call...
This was something probably overlooked as work is being done on the script here and there...  will have to add that call back in.

3 One more: While in edit/compose screen if you highlight some text then try to apply, say BOLD or a COLOR to it, instead the tags are appended to the end of the message/post. I prefer to edit those things after I am finishd writing the words, So I had to add them manually here.

This is a simple small piece of code we have, and were thinking of adding into the editor...  the orgie clwon also has this code and has already added it in...
while they (she) was focusing on new icons and little things she copy/pasted from our codes...  we have been too busy to deal with this issue.
It SHOULD be in there though...  just some simple carat following/checking javascript code...



Beta-Tester Extraordinaire.

Testing on various platforms and operating systems...

http://www.2xlnt.com... external link
http://www.themeapp.com... external link
Logged
       
offline crix75
Last Visit: 06/07/07

Level 1
Joined: 06/07/07
Forum Posts: 2
 Re: Langapp- Need feedback from everyone!
 Posted on: 06/07/07 at 16:06:38

Link http://www.mlapp.org... external link does not exist! Where are found the files of the languages?



La mia firma generica...
Logged
     
offline On
Last Visit: 04/18/13

Administrator
Dev
Joined: 06/19/03
Forum Posts: 5018
 Re: Langapp- Need feedback from everyone!
 Posted on: 06/07/07 at 18:37:18


crix75 said:
Link http://www.mlapp.org... external link does not exist! Where are found the files of the languages?



crix75 ciao,

Sorry for sending you around... the instructions for how to get the file are here:
http://www.web-app.net... external link

My appology for all these requirements, we have had some problems with some criminals stealing codes from the team here and afterward clamining that they wrote it, and we want to prevent this from happening again.

On



[user:On]
on@web-app.net

GC/CS/E/H/IT/L/M/MU/PA/P/S/SS/TW/O d(+++)>+ s: a+>++>+++$ C++++$ UBAHS*++++$ P+++++(--)$ L !E? W+>++ N+++@ K+++>++++++@ w$ !O M->+ V--() PS+(-) PE(++) Y+ PGP->+ t+() 5 X? R>* tv@ b++>+++ DI+++ D? G(-) e++>+++@ h----() r+++ y++++ (Words of wisdom from Larry Wall, 1993)
Logged
       

  Langapp- Need feedback from everyone!
  Language Support
  Forums
  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Hop to: